Old September 9th 04, 05:39 AM
Krztalizer

Most fighter jocks I know love single seaters, and I don't know any
of them that preferred to fly a side-by-side ship, if there was anything

else
available.

Most generalizations don't stand up. OK, name five fighter pilots that
you "know" who wouldn't fly any airplane that was full of free gas.

The one that comes to mind first is Diz Laird, who thought once you had a
"friend" in the cockpit, it was no longer a "fighter". I've sat at tables with
fighter aces at their reunions in San Diego, Mesa, San Antonio and other places
and Diz' comments were in line with what the guys were saying. That said,
almost anyone with a history of flying would fly in a motorized ****can, if
that was the only thing available. I can't imagine why Bush would go through
training and then walk away from a once in a lifetime opportunity to fly the
Deuce, or any other jet fighter.

Gordon
USN SAR

Its always better to lose -an- engine, not -the- engine.