Old April 2nd 07, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Dave[_3_]

Default Lowrance 2000C ???

Yeah... 'mazin....

The guys here with the Lowrance plug them in, turn them on and go
flyin.....us included...

The Garmin stuff seems to have.... ummm.... issues....

At least they (finally!) took the freakin magnets out of the
antenna...

For 3 X the price, no way are they worth it!

Strange.. the Garmin Marine GPS equipment seems to work very well,
and is priced competitively..

????

Dave

On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 00:03:32 GMT, "Blueskies"
wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message ...
: Same...
:
: We have never used (or needed ) the ext antenna on ours..ah..
:
: Only time we lost sig was on a looooong x-wind taxi with the yoke
: turned hard right....
:
: Welll...
:
: That DOES put the antenna down by one's knee dosen't it?
:
: Dave
:
:

You know, it is pretty amazing all the problems I hear about the Garmins loosing signal lock with the Garmin external
antenna. For more than 3x the price I would think they would have worked out all the bugs before selling it...