Old November 14th 03, 05:16 AM
clay thomas

(Liam Finley) wrote in message . com...
"Waduino" wrote in message ...
Can I interrupt to ask how you liked the L33?
I guess I'm a year away, having just gone solo, but the L33 looks like a
perfect first plane for a low time pilot.
I too figure it would lead to an upgrade after a year or two.
----

You'd be better off going directly for the LS3. It's a pussycat to
fly (if you can handle an L33, you can handle an LS3), it's pretty
much in the same price range, and it will fare better in an off-field
landing (the L33 has an easily damaged tail boom). You will outgrow
the L33 pretty quickly, the LS3 will keep you happy for a long time.
Why wait?

I love my LS3a. I am 6' 1.5 inches and 185 lbs. I have plenty of
shoulder room but I am not built like Arnold. I took the seat back out
and have plenty of room lengthwise. The 3a is an honest ship with no
bad habits. I felt comfortable in the first 100 yards down the runway.
It took longer than that to get real comfortable so be sure and get a
good briefing before you fly one. Load it up with water on a good day
and it will really get along. Clay Thomas