Old October 11th 04, 11:34 AM
Vaughn

"Waduino" wrote in message
news
Try a Peregrine (aka Krozno)
Search on Peregrine sailplanes or Barry aviation, assuming you're in the US.

Take your daughter to your local commercial operation or club and try some
serious flying with her before you invest thousands. I really cherish the time
I have spent flying with my own daughter, and I suggest that you do not let this
opportunity pass by. Serious flight instruction is another matter, I would
suggest any good GFIG who is not yourself. It is really difficult to teach your
own kids.

I have flown the Krosno for years and think that it is a truly wonderful
basic trainer, and a great club/commercial machine. It is one of the two
gliders that I would consider allowing a kid of mine to solo in. That said, I
would not call it an X-country trainer. It has an L/D of 27/1 (future
improvements planned) and is not particularly easy to rig/derig. After hundreds
of flights in both the front and back seats, I have found no particular comfort
issues and remember few complaints from others.

On the other hand, I am afraid that the trainer that Larry is asking for
(30+ L/D, no mortgage) does not exist. Perhaps a G 103 would come closest?

Vaughn

Wad.

---

"Larry Johnson" wrote in message
om...
My daughter has the bug bad and really wants to fly with me. I find it
great. Now what are some of the 2-place that have around 30+l/d and
still allow for purchase without a mortage? Pros and cons with
handling in the air and ground greatly appreciated! Spring is almost
here!

Larry in Avenal. Home of the Raven!