Old October 11th 04, 07:25 PM
André Somers

Larry Johnson wrote:

My daughter has the bug bad and really wants to fly with me. I find it
great. Now what are some of the 2-place that have around 30+l/d and
still allow for purchase without a mortage? Pros and cons with
handling in the air and ground greatly appreciated! Spring is almost
here!

I'm not familiar with the second hand market in the states, so this might
not be an option on your side of the world. However, I think a Grob Twin
Astir is a good option as a relatively good yet affordable x-country ship
for private use. A Blanik is great fun, but if you land out you have a
problem as it's hard to rig and derig. A Puchacz (SZD 50-3) is also a fine
ship, but less suitable for x-country than a Twin I think.

André