Old November 27th 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Maintenance

Andy wrote:
On Nov 27, 1:25 am, "Bert Willing" bw_no_spam_ple...@tango-
whisky.com wrote:
Yes. You don't lubricate cables in the first place.

Interesting!. Why not? I use LPS2 to lubricate the rudder cable runs
on my ASW-28 and did the same on my ASW-19b.

I never lubricated the rudder cables on my ASW 20 (I flew it for 11
years), and I've never lubricated the cables on my ASH 26 E (13 years so
far). The maintenance manuals on these gliders did not call for
lubrication of the cables, nor did the friction increase while I owned
the gliders, and there was never any corrosion. So, without a problem to
cure, I never tried to fix one.

Did you have a problem that required a cure?

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA
* "Transponders in Sailplanes" http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org