Old March 7th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Software for flight planning????

I attended the NW Aviation Conference and Trade Show in Puyallup, WA, on
Feb 25 and watched an EXTENSIVE demo of the Voyager software by Seattle
Avionics. In the demo, I quizzed them in such a way that they planned
my route home from 1S0-HIO-SLE twice, using separate routings and
features. I was sufficiently impressed to purchase the product with an
update subscription for special show price of about $200 (US). Normal
price would be about $250 for the same package. I purchased it because
of their willingness to show me the product thoroughly, the feature sets
offered by the software, and the price. I would not have necessarily
purchased anything this expensive had I not been able to play with it
like I had. They do offer a free trial period to use the software. I
think it was 10 days or something like that. Fully functional.

http://www.seattleavionics.com

Disclaimer: I have no relationship with Seattle Avionics, other than
having the experience shown above at the NWAC&TS in Puyallup. As with
everything, YMMV.

Chris G.
PP-ASEL
Salem, Oregon

Prop wrote:
I have been researching different types of flight planning software. I guess the 2 main types are web based like aeroplanner.com and computer based like jeppesen flitestar. I would like a good computer based flight planning but don't know what to go with. I will say I have a subscription with aeroplanner. I don't like how long it takes to view maps. I would like the ability to easily add a point, and I like it to automatically suggest a route.

what all do you guys use?

http://www.usenet.com