Old September 2nd 03, 04:44 PM
Model Flyer

"Joe" wrote in message
Thanks Michael, thought being from Australia you would have been a

Jabiru
fan.so guess you have had problems with them.

I was talking to the agent for the Eurostar here in Ireland and he
said that many prefere the Rotax option because it's geared it can
turn a larger three bladed prop than the Jabiru. This gives better
take off performance and rate of climb. It also gived the impression
of better flying performance, however that I cannot comment on. Both
are very nice running engines.
--

..
--

Antispam trap in place

Phil

"Michael Coates" wrote in message
Answer = Buy the Rotax.......

Joe wrote:
Looking to buy either a Jabiru or Rotax 4 stroke engine.

RELIABILITY is the most important factor.

Seems like the Jabiru should be better with lower RPM but

believe that
Rotax
have more engines in service and therefore more development

time and
hence
reliability.

Any comments welcomed.