Old January 6th 05, 12:38 PM

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 06:56:33 GMT, "G. Sylvester"
wrote:

A month or two ago there was a thread about CDI indicating north/south
vs. left/right in particular on front course and back course LOC.
I'm studying for the IFR written and not in a single place
does the FAA use north/south. Again I'm banging my head
wondering does a lowly IFR student like me have to scream
learn the wrong way. Further they have questions about MLS approaches?
Has anyone ever flown one or even seen one?

OOh you struck a nerve here.

Likewise, you will always get a question on p-t-d entries to holding
patterns, even though you will never have to do one, and questions on
planning x/c's down to the nearest 5 seconds, yet, (amd here's the
criminally negligent part), in spite of the fact that pilots are
killed practically every year because of a lack of understanding of
the rules for obstacle clearance on IFR departures, there is non one
question on the written on this subject (unless things have changed
very recently).