Old August 23rd 10, 09:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Indrek Aaviso

Default Surrender, pt 2

"Claus Gustafsen" wrote in message
Well Michell, where I come from, ther'll be no confusion between standard
and metric ;^)

(Except maybe in fueling aircraft, caus we still do that in pounds)

Claus Gustafsen,
Denmark

"Mitchell Holman" skrev i meddelelsen
. 131...
"Jeff Cochrane - VK4BOF" wrote in news:4c6f18f4$0
:

Thanks Mitchell,
Some real intyeresting pics there.
I wonder what happened to those two Betty's...........
Anyone know?

One crashed in the Pacific on the way back from
Manila. A metric vs standard confusion on refueling
them, it seems.

This brings to mind the immediate cause of the Air Canada flight becoming
the Gimli glider.

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult W.S. Churchill