Old May 11th 21, 09:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Newport-Peace[_7_]

Default Blinking ICOM charger light

On 11/05/2021 00:43, jp wrote:
The light on my ICOM A14 charger was blinking orange/green and the charger was not charging the battery.

I took the battery off the radio, used a pencil eraser to clean the electrical contacts on the battery - they looked fine to me by the way - and now the charger light no longer blinks and it charges the battery.

By the way, I had looked in the A14 manual for info on this blinking light and found no reference to it.

Hi Jim,

Assuming you are using BC-179 charger, there is a reference to blinking
orange/green in chapter 7 of the manual, "Orange or green (blink):The
battery pack or the charger has a problem". Maybe you have a different
manual? PM me if you need a copy of my manual.

Incidentally, using a pencil eraser to clean contacts is depreciated. It
often leaves residue which insulates.

Tim.