Old April 19th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Digital meters 3

wrote in message
oups.com...
I appreciated many freinds attend discuss digital meters.
In fact, we are interesting in digital meters. First we know most of
pilot liking analog meter with many friends help. I forwarded your
replies to our engineer.
Our engineer told me we should do two kinds of meter, one is flight
meters, second is engine meters.
Filght meter include: ALT, VSI, ASI, Horizon Gyro. Except gyro, these
vales are showed in analog display digital.
Engine meter: CHT, EHT, RPM, TEMP. PRESSURE,HOURS, FUEL CONSUME, VOLT.
AMP. They are showed in numeric display digital.

Just an observation, as a pilot, I can tell you that I generally am not
interested in the absolute value of temp, pressure etc. What I need to know
is that the reading is in the green arc, ie it's within an acceptable range.
That to me represents the atvantage of traditional instruments over digital,
I can tell at a glance in a rapid instrument scan what the current situation
is. Another advantage is that I can do it with peripheral vision, and keep
my attention where it needs to be, ouside the cockpit.