Old January 23rd 11, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Logajan

Default BRS chutes. Why doesn't everyone use them?

Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Jan 23, 10:18*am, Jim Logajan wrote:

A BRS costs ~US$3100 to ~US$4500 per plane...

Is that just for the BRS system, or does that include installation?

Thanks, Bob K.

That is just for the BRS, as I presume you already know. I think you would
have a better idea of installation costs than I would. I'm sure it depends
somewhat on whether it is designed in from the start, or after the fact.

Since LSAs have been designed with it in mind and their cost has not been
that much above those without BRS, I would guesstimate installation cost to
be as much as an additional $1000 to $2000.