Old December 28th 05, 05:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default ME Insurance

Scott Draper writes:

Can a multi-engine student get insurance for his own ME airplane,
based on his instructor's ME time? One insurance company is saying
"no way"; they'll only insure him AFTER he get's his ME rating. I'm
wondering if this is universally true.

I bought our Aztec before I even had my Private. My partner had his
MEL though. We were both on the policy as soon as I got my ASEL.

I was just required to spend 25(?) hours dual and then 15 hours solo
in the plane before I was insured for carrying passengers.

Call Andy Facer at Facer Insurance. (It's storming here and I'm
offline so I can't look up the info.)

--kyler