Old September 13th 10, 12:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default NK Vario

Hi,

I heard from NK last week that they hope to be selling the vario in several
(3 to 4 months) and flight testing it in 4 to 6 weeks. I imagine there will
be a beta test period, but NK has not mentioned that.

I don't know many details about it yet. My understanding is that it will be
a speed-to-fly variometer with audio and averager and will communicate with
the ClearNav over the high-speed CANbus network. It will not include a GPS
or logger.

I can't wait to fly with one.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

"Darryl Ramm" wrote in message
On Sep 12, 5:43 pm, brianDG303 wrote:
Does anyone have a clue as to the features of the NK vario? I even
looked on wikileaks- nothing.

I've heard unconfirmed rumors it is going to beep.

We are passing the point that not talking about features is harming
the NK story. Is it or is it not a real product? They have no current
vario product line to harm so some details and realistic schedule
setting cannot hurt.

Darryl