Old November 18th 04, 12:02 AM
Nathan Young

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 23:19:08 GMT, Bela P. Havasreti
wrote:

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:36:03 -0500, "Morgans"
wrote:

"Jim Weir" wrote in message
. ..
PLEASE don't do it this way. Remove them the old-fashioned way. Cut that

tube
off with a saw and I guarantee you chips in the oil pan. Not good.

Jim

Couldn't one push a piece of cloth rolled in a ball down the tube, past
where it is to be cut, and contain the shavings?

Don't jump me, it is just an idea; wondering if it would work.

I'll see if I can find the original instructions, but I think that's
how they suggest you do it. If I find the instructions, I'll
post back what it says.

What I did is use vise grips to collapse the tube near the outer
end (where it enters the rocker arm area). The metal is fairly
soft, and easy to deform. A small cut-off wheel on a Dremel
makes quick work out of cutting the tube in two at about the
same location.

There are no metal chips scattered anywhere with this method, just
a small amount of residual aluminum and abrasive wheel dust
associated with the cutting process.

If it is thin enough to bend with visegrips, could you cut it with a
set of large bolt cutters?