Old April 27th 07, 02:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Matt Barrow[_4_]

Default I don't know how to flight plan any more

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in message
Viperdoc wrote:
Pick a safe altitude and file direct. I've gone from Wisconsin to
Charleston, SC direct, as well as upstate New York, and South Dakota
without
a course change, all using the 530/430.

If the course ends up crossing an active MOA or restricted area, ATC will
vector you around as needed.

Who needs victor airways and VOR's? Listen to the XM radio while you're
enroute. Tune the VOR's and practice your Morse code if you have to,
because
you won't need them for navigation.

You know, the greatest danger with those systems is complacency.

The greatest danger with ANY system is complacency.

How many pilots missed a VOR flag popping off? Etc.