Old October 20th 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default cancer??

~D~ wrote in
:

That's something I never could understand. I was treated for thyroid
cancer (surgery & radiation) in 1996. I've been cancer free ever
since. Yet when I went in for my student pilot medical last year, the
cancer seemed to be an issue. I don't understand why, as I have not
had cancer for 10 years. Why would not having cancer be an issue? Are
they afraid I'm going to have an attack of cancer while flying and be
incapacitated? Just one of those FAA mysteries I suppose.

Debbie

I don't know much about it at all, but I know an airline pilot I know
didn;'t even have his ticket pulled while he was undergoing chemo and so
weak he couldn't even drive, never mind fly an A320. The feds knew, too and
it was serious enough that he died from it eventually so what's thde deal
with that? Seems like they make it up as they go along sometimes.

Bertie