Old December 13th 07, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Harry K

Default Rec.Aviation.Homebuilt.Spacecraft?

On Dec 12, 6:07 pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
cavelamb himself wrote:
I figure there is enough expertise in this group to successfully tackle
this challenge...

Now all it takes is money!

http://blogs.abcnews.com/scienceands...2/moon-20.html

The latest version of the X Prize is backed by Google: $20 million to
the first private enterprise that can land a robotic rover on the lunar
surface,

Um - has any private enterprise even gotten into orbit yet? I mean jeepers,
how many _nations_ have even managed to get an artificial satellite into
orbit - never mind get one to the moon? What gives with announcing prizes
that no one is likely to be able to collect on?

Or a prize where the effort to win it will cost nearly as much, if not
more, than the prize?

Harry K