Old April 7th 11, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GK[_2_]

Default asw19 airbrake kit

On Apr 7, 12:31*pm, steve wrote:
Hi all, sorry for my english.
I'm a new owner of an asw19b.
I ordered the TN11 kit to add the second blade to the airbrakes.
If i try to mount the blade of the kit with the supplied screws,
blades have an enormous play on the vertical axis because there ale a
pair mm between the blade and the threaded mount that attaches around
the arm of the airbrake.
Is possible to have some detailed photo of the kit installation.
Thanks
Stefano

Stefano,
I went trough similar problems last year. The bolts are too long
(cutting needed) and the supplied mounting brackets are extending too
far behind the original spoiler preventing them from closing. I
machined both: bolts and brackets. The mounting bolts HAVE TO BE RE-
THREATED all the way, leaving a couple millimeters for the spoiler
thickness. Schleicher supplied 4 bolts have all different threads
dimensions, when they all should have at least the same thread height.
Also, there should be some horizontal play in one of the holes
drilled in the spoiler, otherwise the bolt has no room to slide to the
side as the spoiler assembly is closing.
I'll try to take some pictures this weekend if I'll make it out to the
field. One thing for su the quality of these Schleicher retrofits
leaves a lot to be desired...This isn’t the first one I bought and
they all look like someone fabricated them in their garage after-
hours.

GK