Old June 22nd 04, 07:14 PM
Robert Briggs

Richard Brooks wrote:
Paul Housley wrote:

A while ago, I saw video footage of a bomb being released from a
fighter-bomber under test conditions. It was on an aviation
documentary. The high speed camera then shows it climb up and destroy
the tailplane. I don't think they quite got their trajectory calcs
right!

This shows up towards the end of a documentary called Dambusters, which
has been seen on UKs Channel 4.

The Lanc may have had guns, but that doesn't make it a fighter-bomber.

That said, without the "fighter-" qualification (and substituting
"damage" for "destroy"), the description does indeed suggest the old
Bouncing Bomb trials.