Old November 24th 03, 02:53 PM
Jim

I'm sure you'll have a lot of responses that list:
Situational awareness
Procedure practice
Practicing Fun and difficult approaches
Advanced radio work with the ability to "pause"
"Next 2 things" practice.

Most all of this type of practice happens in your head and FS is great for
making you think ahead and keeping track of where you are and what needs to
happen next. The flight model of the airplanes isn't as good as some of the
other Sim programs and the "realistic" weather settings cause mostly
"unreal" gyrations so I typically set them to "easy". Other than that, use
it to train your brain rather than to simulate actual flight.
--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply
"Charles Talleyrand" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone here use Microsoft Flight Simulator to help them become a
better pilot? I already know it can be used for fun, but does anyone
use it to help them on their IFR landings, or to become familiar with
their Garmin 430, or what not?

Basically, anyone have any Microfost Flight Simulator tips for actual
pilots?