Old April 22nd 06, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Prop Blade Wiggles on C182

In article ,
A Lieberman wrote:
Having seen what it took to get my bird back into specs, blade shake would
make me question whether there was a problem more then just the propeller
since we are only talking .125 of an inch.

See http://www.mccauley.textron.com/svcl.../sl1989-2C.pdf for
specific details regarding blade shake.

The original poster didn't quantify the movements of the propeller, but
based on the document quoted, I don't see any cause for concern unless
the propeller movements were far in excess of the recommendation. The
bottom line is that some shake and twist are normal, but a propeller
blade that is excessively "loose" in the hub is not normal.

Balance is an entirely different issue.

JKG