Old October 7th 17, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

Default Does the FAI think its April 1st?

At 13:49 07 October 2017, krasw wrote:
The whole idea of taking one single measurement of one single

sailplane
(re=
presenting type with production run of 300+), in this case done

mostly in
7=
0's technology, for handicap calculation is wrong. We have dacedes

worth
of=
first hand experience flying wingtip to wingtip with these glider

types.
N=
o one in their right mind would say that gliders of similar class and
gener=
ation have widely different handicaps, and gliders of newer

generation
woul=
d not have better performance. Now we have a list that has

examples of
both=
of these anomalies. That is pretty solid proof that something in

the
metho=
d is seriously wrong. The highest level of computer modelling

includes use
=
of common sense to estimate sanity of results. I hope these guys

get there
=
soon.

Ditto - why does the IGC handicapping committee or its chairman
not see this? Was there any consultation with competitors this
new handicap list? Would have been the polite thing to do?