Old July 31st 06, 12:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Judah

Default FAA circus

From my experience, bonuses based on merit motivate good employees, and
alienate only employees who should have been fired already...

It's about time someone at the FAA started running their operation like a
for-profit business. Too bad the government as a whole doesn't operate that
way.

cosmicPeach wrote in news:mUyyg.106
:

July 12, 2006 FAA Preparing to Give Away Annual Pay Raises
Again

Today we learned that the FAA is again planning to spend the
.1% of the annual OSI they held back from the January pay
raise. In a bold effort to alienate more employees and drive
morale even lower, the Agency will again hand out as cash
awards, the money they refused to award to employees as
annual increases to their base pay. I wrote a letter to
Service Area Directors Hudson and Tarrh expressing the
Union's concern with this process of giving away money with
no process to make the determination of who gets the money;
how one goes about earning the award or why it's acceptable
to give it away now rather than apply it to base pay in
January. I also sent the letter to Steve Zaidman, Russ Chew
and Marion Blakey.