Old February 10th 13, 10:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Reitter

Default Progress on updating training gliders and new winch operations?

On Sunday, February 10, 2013 1:29:06 PM UTC-5, son_of_flubber wrote:

In the USA and Canada...
What happened in 2012? What are plans for 2013?
Old trainers retired?
New trainers put in service?

At Pittsburgh Soaring Club, we made a lot of progress towards these goals:
- We upgraded our tow plane to a 250HP Pawnee (from a Super Cub, which is, btw., for sale)
- A single seater that saw limited use was sold to fund part of the intended upgrade to a better trainer
- We upgraded our hangar with floor repairs and lighting

- Our 2-33 was damaged in a landing incident and is out of service pending repair. We have leased a -22 from a friend of the club to facilitate operations.

Lots of changes under the hood. Finances, admin, planning, membership, and so on, but the above is what's new in toys dept.