Old February 11th 20, 01:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default _Glider_Towplane_Mid-air_–_TP_PowerFLARM_Inop

On Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 4:45:04 AM UTC-8, Jonathon May wrote:
At 10:19 11 February 2020, Jim White wrote:
Without a tail would the g forces not be 0 or even negative?. I

woul
expect the first result to be a bunt to inverted. Just wondering

I once saw a crash through loss of elevator.
The time from loss of elevator to impact will have been less than
10seconds.
Horrible but quick.

I saw a glider loose the horizontal in the landing flare, 20 some years ago.. It pitched up and rolled left before the wing dung in and spun the aircraft around nearly hitting me. The pilot is still flying nearly every Saturday, and is one of the local "heroes". Funny side note, I watched that landing as the weekend before that same pilot had ground looped and nearly hit me as I was putting my bird back in box.