Old October 14th 09, 01:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
BeechSundowner

Default Jeppesen Garmin Nav Updates

On Oct 14, 5:21*am, Sam Spade wrote:

And, it is pointless to try to explain it here.

Perhaps you should sell the Garmin IFR unit and do your limited IFR
flying with VOR and ILS.- Hide quoted text -

I do fly ground based as primary as I stated before, but that doesn't
change the fact that the updates are rediculously overpriced. And to
suggest to selling a unit that promotes situational awareness is
ludicrous just because you feel the price of subscription is a
reasonable price. I suspect you are in the very minority of this
group of people who find $300 - $400 annual subscription appropriately
reasonable..

I don't fly everyday and that subscription price per use is
rediculous. I am not arguing with you in that there should't be a
subscription price, but aviation is being gouged. Unrelated expense
but an example of how bad we are getting gouged. I had to replace a
nav light. I could have gone to Lowes and bought the bulb for 38
cents. No, I paid $40.00! Same concept with the GPS data update
expenses.

We live in the computer age and you can't tell me alot of this stuff
hasn't become automated over time...... It's not like there is
material to be had other then a data card. No trees cut down, no
paper mill costs and so on. Hell, there isn't even mailing costs with
the advent of downloadable data.