Old August 7th 03, 03:23 AM
Duane MacInnis

Thanks to you all for the kind posts.

I know I cannot make a Tigger out of a Cheetah on the cheap (w), but the
price differential is so great up here in Vancouver BC (known to some as
West Canuckistan) that it would be worth spending a few bucks to eak
whatever performance and longevity possible out of the Cheetah.

The aircraft in my sights has a low time airframe/engine, so if the cam
ain't rusted from underuse, it should go for many hundreds of hours before
needing an overhaul -- then I go for the 160. In the meantime, if the
LoPresti cowl and Powerflow improved cooling and performance significantly,
they may be a good investment now to help extend engine life and later too.

In any case, your many suggestions to join the GG and AYA have not fallen on
deaf ears -- I will do that when I get the plane, then think about mods with
their doubtless good advice.

Thanks again -- great group.

Duane

"Duane MacInnis" wrote in message
. ..
Hello all,

I may soon be the happy owner of a 78 Cheetah.

I would be tempted to immediately install the LoPresti cowl & rudder cap,
and the Powerflow exhaust.

When the engine croaks I will go for the 160 STC, but in the meantime the
cowl and exhaust combination may extend the cylinder life on these
notoriously hot engines, as well as reportedly yielding some pretty
impressive speed increases and reduction in fuel consumption.

Any experience out there you would like to share?

Thanks

Duane (Vancouver BC)

Duane MacInnis
Flight Instructor