Old January 10th 05, 07:04 AM
Judah

Matt Whiting wrote in
:

wrote:

Matt Whiting wrote:

wrote:

Matt Whiting wrote:

Did you ever intentionally land with the crab angle intact? This
is what is advocated by a gentleman on the MSFS group who says he
is a retired "heavy" captain.

I saw it done once in a 707 and I thought the landing gear was going
to collapse.

He posted a bunch of references daying that landing with crab was SOP
for airlines and the military. I find it hard to believe and it
contradicts most everything I've read on the subject, but I don't fly
heavies so all I know is what I read.

Matt

He sounds like a phony to me.

He's no phony. He's the founder of this organization:
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/ifpf_history.htm

I still disagree with him IN GENERAL (several exceptions have been
discussed) about landing airplanes, especially heavies, in a crab,
however he seems to have impressive credentials.

Matt

Just cause the guy signed his name Dudley Henriques doesn't mean he is
Dudley Henriques...