Old November 10th 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Thrown out of an FBO...

Exactly what "business" did he drive off? Did you buy any avgas?

Not this time. However, airports are publically owned for a reason --
their primary impact is that they bring lots of dollars into the local
economy. Thus, the "business" this guy drove off was the $30 we spent
at the local restaurant, the $15 we spent at the local gas station
(filling HIS tank) plus any future business we could provide to his
FBO.

To better illustrate this effect, an Iowa State University study (done
in 2000) of Iowa airports shows that our Iowa City airport directly and
INDIRECTLY brings $5.7 million dollars per year into the local economy.
That's a nice chunk of change, and is made up of hundreds
(thousands?) of little guys like me (and Mary) flying in.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA