Old June 26th 18, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Parachute Landing

On Sunday, June 24, 2018 at 12:53:57 PM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
Start viewing this at 1:23. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikzyqd9zzCY

I think he might have made aÂ* better landing under a rectangular chute.

--
Dan, 5J

I have been creamed under both rounds and squares. If it is merely wind and you know what you're doing, you're way better off with a square. That said, I tend to think that whatever kind of parachute he was using, that dust devil would have hosed him, and that walking away would be a matter of chance. An issue with squares is that they are prone to collapse in turbulence, and that can be very painful.

Brian
MM
D-8444
(3700 skydives)