Old June 19th 19, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Default Day 2 Region 8 Ephrata Wa

Task:
West Start
Mansfield 20 mile radius
Seven Bays 20 mile radius
Odessa 15 Mile radius
The forecast was for it to be blue and kinda windy. It was 99% Blue but not windy. Just a very few short lived little Cu.
Just as the launch started a fairly strong wind from the south came through and we thought it might be the start of a windy day, not to be.
A junior cold front was suppose to pass through today and bring a big band of cirrus. No cirrus band and not much wind I saw 7-10 knots is all.
The soaring was good, alot of really good thermals and of course all the dust devils to watch. Flew the first legs in a group, went good.
Flew the second leg in a loose group and that went good too. Third leg saw fewer planes and flew the leg home alone.
Overall a very nice day here today.
Tomorrow there is forecast a standup cold front passage with gusts to 40, so I don't think we are going to fly, but the rest of the week looks good.