Old October 30th 03, 03:45 PM
John T

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
You can't do it with just an arm. You need the arm plus the weight.
And then your calculation is just going to multiply them together
(yielding the moment).

Yes, but recent readings suggested that my understanding my have
been...incomplete.

For instance, every W&B graph I've seen (Skyhawks, Skylanes, C150s,
Warriors, Katanas, Tomahawks - all under 35 years old) have shown this graph
using only weight/moment. All the sample loading problems I've seen have
all used moment instead of arm, too.

Recent readings revealed folks referencing balance by arm instead of
moment - something I'm not used to doing or reading. It raised the question
in my mind whether there are charts that use weight/arm instead of
weight/moment.

So that's the real question: Do such charts exist? If so, where can I take
a peek at one?

Thanks.

--
John T