Old January 30th 17, 02:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Giaco

Default Flight instructor written test prep

On Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 2:37:56 PM UTC-5, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
I have read the Russel Holtz books for flight instructing. Anyone recommend a good written test prep book or series for Glider Flight instructor written exam?

I have used www.checkride.com for the last 8 years, for all my licenses and for all my students. They update the test bank for free each year, and have great explanations of why answers on the test are right, wrong, or should be right and the FAA is trying to trick you. There is even an "exam mode" that locks out the options and can e-mail direct to your instructor when you pass a mock test and pass. I never scored under a 95% and owe it all to them.

I also use it as a refresher from time to time

FWIW
Chris