Old February 7th 06, 11:21 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval

Default Consistent CAP over a fleet from a land base

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 22:05:20 GMT, Ed Rasimus
wrote:

Yes, I'd be happy to "advise why the mission is out to the critical
distance and then a return"--it's because you've got to go where the
target is and because I always like to come home.

And almost as importantly (for the long term at least), we want the plane to
come home. Because it's hard having to replace an entire squadron several times
a day.