Old September 13th 03, 03:36 AM
sky172

My instructor was a police officer for 12-13 years, retired, learned to fly,
taught me flying and now at 35 he's a pilot for American Eagle.
I'm jelous

"Jack Allison" wrote in message
Anyone out there who retired from their non-aviation career (as in you
didn't get paid to fly) and became a CFI or commercially rated pilot? I'd
be interested in your experience, either positive or negative and which
ratings you obtained along the way.

I'm looking 12+ years down the road when I retire from the high-tech rat
race and considering options for part time work having something to do

with
flying. I'm more interested in staying active within aviation and working
more on my own terms than making a living. Any income would be (very
little) gravy and that's ok.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL