Old May 1st 04, 01:29 AM
Teacherjh

In the third paragraph
they say that it is illegal for a non-instructor pilot to fly in the
right seat with a non-pilot in the left seat.

In the United States, there is no regulation as far as I know that dictates
what seat the Pilot In Command must utilize, except that it must be a control
seat, which I take to mean a seat with controls. Nothing I am aware of
prevents a pilot from flying solo in the right seat, the front seat, the back
seat, or even a passenger seat (with strings attached to the yoke).

I believe the author is incorrect.

Jose