Old August 2nd 07, 06:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

Default What are you really trying to accomplish

On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 16:49:36 GMT, (Rusty
Knuckle) wrote:

snip: Just Plane Noise wrote:
(Having said that someone just posted a batch of images in yEnc without the

I need to know!

I downloaded some stuff that could be yenc. How can I tell if it was?

RK

Believe it or not, I don't know even though I post that way. If you know you DON'T have yEnc decoding, and you try to open one that is yEnc encoded, you won't be successful.

But if you DO have it, you'll see the images without being aware
oftheir encoding. It is what some of us have said all along--the
handling of yEnc images is absolutely transparent--I must have opened
thousands of them before even knowing what yEnc was or meant.