Old October 3rd 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BT

Default Center: Say type aircraft... Me: Citabria 7GCBC, Center: Ahhhhh???

Citabria would have been enough..
Actually he was asking for what type of Flight plan ID you use in the
"aircraft type" section
so he could load it in his computer. Answer up with that and he would have
been happy.

BT

"Rich Badaracco" wrote in message
I was flying home from Hunstville, AL yesterday. Did this happen around the
NC/SC border? I think I heard the exchange. The controller clearly had no
idea what type aircraft this was.

Rich Badaracco
Director - Angel Flight North Carolina

Nik wrote:
Ok so I requested flight-following because my route took me into pretty
high traffic areas (inside Class B and surrounding)
I was on a Flight Plan and requested center to give me flight
following, ok call made, radar contact established 10 miles NW of XXX.
Then he asked me: say type aircraft, I said: Citabria 7GCBC, the
controller seemed confused for a second, and just said in reply,
allright we'll lookout for you.
Other than that the flight went on perfectly and as planned.

Is the type I am saying wrong? Should it be CH7A instead of Citabria
7GCBC?

Help me out here guys...