Old January 17th 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Steven P. McNicoll

Default Phrase "landing runway" vs. "cleared to land"

"Morgans" wrote in message

Now, if a car pulled in front of me that would be
a different story but I don't think the FAA can protect against that
anyway.
But isn't a clearance him saying that a car is not going to pull onto the
runway in front of you?

No, a clearance is him saying a car is not authorized to pull onto the
runway in front of him.

If he can't see the end of the runway, can he issue a clearance to land?

Yes. He can issue a clearance to land even if he can't see any of the
runway.