Old April 8th 09, 05:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Installing a landing light blinker in an Archer

The particular question in the Archer was how to hook up the pulsed output
across the landing-light switch. Since the LL rocker is essentially
inaccessible to everyone except the original assembly workers at Piper

Having installed our AvTek Pulsar (AKA: "The Blinky Thing") in Atlas, I can
assure you that the back of the landing light rocker switch is accessible.
Once you remove enough screws, the entire bank of rocker switches can be
pulled forward, allowing barely adequate access to the backside of the
switch.

It's not fun -- there are a lot of wires to be moved out of the way, which
always entails risk of damaging (or disconnecting) something else behind the
panel -- but I got 'er done. It also helps if you can dislocate your
wrists, and can actually see something at a distance of 9" - 14" from your
face -- a distance that I'm virtually blind at...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA