Old July 15th 03, 05:03 PM
Jack McAdams

But really rinse well. At my last annual the lineboys were told to
wash my plane prior to returning it to me. They apparently used Varsol
and water to clean it but didn't rinse it afterwards. Left major paint
discoloration and a real mess that would not wash off.

The shop had to have my plane completely detailed (Compound & wax?) to
make it right. They didn't argue about it at all. A later discussion
with the service manager revealed they were very much afraid that they
had permanantly etched the paint and might be going for a paint job.

And there I was designing my new paint scheme! Oh, well..............

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message om...
"Clay" wrote in message m...

Try Stoddard Solvent. This is a the stuff that most shops use to wash
down engines. Works very well.

Also known as Varsol or Texsolve. Any airplane, auto, or print shop has
tons of the stuff. If not, you can find it in small cans at home centers.
Mineral Spirits is a close match as well.