Old February 4th 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Corvair conversion engines

"D.W. Taylor" wrote in message
snip

I drove a harvesting machine that used hydrostatic drive and a VW engine
for power. We ran it on a governer at 3950rpm 24x7 all summer. Once I was
moving it from field to field and dropped a valve when I ratcheted the
motor up to 4100 because the machine travled at the speed of growing
grass. Of course this was after about 10 weeks of continous operation so
in terms of hours it was due.... The vale seats were pretty hammered as I
recall.

Lets see, 24*7*10=1680 hours.

between overhauls or just between rests?