Old April 21st 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Default X-plane vs FS2004

Tim Olson wrote:
In article .com,
"FatKat" wrote:

| I was actually curious to hear about the differences between X-Plane 8
| & previous versions. In nearly 20 years of simming, I've never seen
| more than screenshots of any X-plane version. What do I miss if I opt
| for 7 or 6?

X-Plane v8 is a big step up from v7 in terrain modeling. However, that
does come at the expense of requiring much more disk space and a bit
more CPU/GPU horsepower.

For a 3ghz CPU, but with less than a gig of memory, and no AGP
graphics, will v8 run well? If not, would a PCI card and/or more ram
make it run worthy?