Old July 17th 06, 01:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default A Jet Blue Aircraft Landing with Sideway Landing-Gear

Ennui preps for OSH. I'll not get there, due to my back. I will not be
having surgery this summer, as too much of it has gone by without getting
the recovery started before school starts again. As is, I still don't (and
the doctors, also) what is going to happen and when, but there is no way I
could stand the travel to get there, or even sitting on top of PMC II. How
I will deal with a full school workday is beyond my comprehension.

I'm sorry to hear it, Jim. You seem to be caught between a rock and a
hard place, if it's too late in the year for an operation that might
make working in the fall possible? That's a pretty bad spot to be in.

And if you can't sit on PMC II, or even drive, how in the world can you
expect to teach?

You might check out this month's Flying magazine, and read Dick Karl's
column. (Karl is the guy that owns a Cheyenne.) He discusses his own
medical problems with a bad back, which sound nearly as nasty as yours.
He's apparently received some relief with pain therapy and some bed
rest.

We'll drink a toast to "The Jims" this year -- Weir, Morgan, and Fisher
-- all AWOL, but not forgotten...

:-(
--
Jay Honeck