Old June 11th 04, 05:55 AM
Jim Thomas

Ed Rasimus wrote in message . ..
On 8 Jun 2004 11:53:49 -0700, (Prowlus) wrote:

Can't they say "ATTACK" Pilots anymore? if those "fighter" pilots are
pounding grounmd targets there are no longer defined as true "Fighter
Pukes"

If they were in the USN, they would abide by Navy convention. In the
USAF, aviators in high-performance tactical aircraft fly fighters.
F-designated aircraft in the USAF do quite nicely in both roles, and
with the shortage of air threats, they are economically re-roled as
well.

And, we have "Recce Pukes, Bomber Pukes, Trash-hauler Pukes and
Training Command Pukes". We don't have Fighter Pukes. We have fighter
pilots and pilots who fly fighters.

OK, Ed; let's define which are "pukes".

Were recce pilots who flew "alone and unarmed" into North Vietnam in
RF-101s, and became the first POWs, pukes? Or their later RF-4
brothers?

Were "Trash Haulers" who landed their C-130s and C-123s into places
like Khe Son pukes?

Were the Misty Facs pukes?

Were B-52 pilots who flew their Buffs over Hanoi during Linebacker
pukes?

Were the Jolly Greens pukes? Or the Sandys that covered for them?

Or are the only "pukes" those "fighter pilots" who need to feel that
they are the chosen few.

JimThomas

Fighter Pilot, also Sandy and more.