Old September 4th 05, 01:05 PM
Matt Whiting

Gary Drescher wrote:

"George Patterson" wrote in message
news:_1sSe.4062$aG.3295@trndny01...

Blanche wrote:

You are insensitive and arrogant.

and probably too stupid to listen to you. Thanks for trying.

Yes. It's important--and, often, ultimately effective--to speak out against
evil, even if the direct targets of your speech are unlikely to be
persuaded.

I've never had any illusion about what lurks just beneath the
public-relations veneer of "compassionate conservatism", so I'm not
surprised to see the giddy orgy of self-righteous disparagement here (and
elsewhere) that's being directed against the black underclass in the wake of
the hurricane's devastation; the right wing's ascendancy has led to some
unusually unguarded commentary.

Yes, that is what the liberal media would have you believe and that is
why you mainly see black people on the roofs. It doesn't help the
agenda nearly as much to show a balanced cross section of those in
desparate straits. Just as in Iraq where the mainstream media only
shows you the car bombings and aftermath, but almost never shows you the
kids in schools, the kids in parks built by the military, etc. If you
really believe that what you are seeing on TV from the areas devastated
by Katrina is representative, then I feel very sorry for you as you have
been duped to the highest degree.

Matt