Old March 13th 10, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default KJZI (Charleston Executive, S.C.) ILS RWY 9 DME Required

On Mar 12, 6:43*pm, Robert Moore wrote:

That's because your instructor was "teaching the checkride"and on most
check rides, you always go-missed and are never allowed to land. In real
life your goal is to land---Right?

And probably is where the problem of confusion ON ME. Since I am
based at an uncontrolled airport KMBO, Every practice approach was
done with missed so it was ingrained never go below MDA until the
MAP.

On my checkride, with the equipment I had at the time, I was only good
for ILS, LOC and DME type approaches (I didn't have ADF or GPS)

When I was taught LOC approaches at KHKS, I was told to go to MDA and
drive it in at 760 until I saw the airport which he had me pop the
hood at the MAP which happens to be at the middle marker.

Either you or your instructor have (had) a serious teaching or
understanding problem. Not knowing either of you, I can't really say
where the problem is, but the two of you really need to get together
and work-out this misunderstanding.

Unfortunately even if I wanted to, he has gone on to the airlines..

Like I told Sam and Mark, while it's good to know I can indeed descend
below MDA before MAP, I am not going to. Especially at my airport
where it's a circle to land and I just don't feel safe having to make
turns 300 feet AGL to land.