Old October 25th 03, 06:04 PM
vzlion

Hey Guys,

I retired about 15 years ago and the closest salt water is 1000 miles
away. Are Brown Shoes in again?

Walt Morgan
ISC, USN, RET

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 07:21:26 GMT, user wrote:

This is really about the Brown Shoe Black Shoe thing. Man,
some of those comments are so funny!!! Can I use them at work? I have
a "shoe" in my command (aviation) that just made Chief, and is wearing
brown shoes, I give him a lot of S#$! almost every day!
Get this, a good sea story,,,,I made Chief a decade ago at a
primarily shoe base with an NAF. There were 2 of us aviation guys, the
other 15 were shoes. While going through Chiefs Initiation, at a daily
fun and games training session, my fellow aviation selectee and I
decided to sing the "Blackshoe Song" to all the other Chiefs, SC's and
MC's in attendance. It went like this....(sung to the tune of "Oh
Christmas Tree),,, "Oh Blackshoe Chiefs on bended knees, you kiss the
ass of Brownshoe Chiefs,,, although you think your first ashore, the
brownshoe Chiefs been there before,,,Oh Blackshoe Chief on bended
knees, you kiss the ass of Brownshoe Chiefs." It was great! As a
result , we completely alienated ourselves from the whole rest of the
base! Our squadron Chiefs were laffing there Butts off. The base
Master Chief (female) was a thin skinned shoe, and told our squadron
CMC that her Selectees would no longer attend training sessions at our
Chiefs Mess, because us squadron guys were just a bunch of " male
chauvinist, green flight jacket wearing, prima donnas" !!!